Hey all, so I thought i'd do a post on my top 5 favourite make up products. Products which i basically could not live without. I use them all the time, and on some have had to repurchase them more than once (cheeky). Anyway for those of you who are not familiar with the term 'Holy Grail' it basically means you could not live without it, you turn to it every time and you are completely in love with it. Exactly how i feel about these 5 products, nothing else comes close. So before i continue to keep rambling lets start.
1. Rimmel - Wake me Up Foundation (100 Ivory): OK so this is my all time favourite foundation, I know its a drugstore brand but hands down this beats anything, even dare I say it my YSL touche eclat foundation. This is the perfect coverage and colour for my skin, its a build-able coverage but on its own its a medium coverage. However, Rimmel don't have a large skin shade selection and there selection is a bit on the lighter side, this shade is perfect for anyone like me with pale skin, even though i have freckles. My skin is as you probably know a medium combination type but I do occasionally get some dry patches, this foundation works fine all the time. The radiant glow literally shimmers underneath the foundation, and it definietley does give you the WAKE UP coverage that your going to need early in the morning. This foundation can range from £5-£8.99 with offers on. I just picked up a back up yesterday and at the moment Rimmel products are on 3 for 2 so keep an eye out for my mini haul post which will be up soon.
|Shade 100 Ivory|
2. Mac Eyeshadow - Mystery: This is my all time go to eye shadow, this colour i originally bought as an eyebrow fill in shade however, found that I loved this a hell of a lot more in the crease of my eyes and blended with a lighter colour such as naked lunch from mac. I wear this shadow every single day and I am currently onto my second one! This is the perfect brown shade for my skin tone, it doesn't come out as dark as it looks in the pan, but the colour is most certainly build-able to create that shade. Thumbs up to Mac. This shade was around £10, i bought the depot-ted version to put in my mac palette.
3. Real Techniques - Stippling Brush: I do not know what i used to use before sam from pixiwoo brought out this brush. This is the most amazing brush on the planet, its so good for controversial usage. I use this from anything to foundation, to cream blush. Gives the most flawless coverage, and Im sure i've raved about this numerous of times on the blog but you can find out more information here. As i mention on that post I love this brush for blending and buffing my foundation into my skin. Will use this brush till the end of time, and need to purchase a back up in case this happens to go walk about with my sister!!
4. Benefit - Sun Beam: This product I bought on a bit of a whim, I was a newbie to the highlighting world and the woman at benefit practically sold this to me with her words of wisdom. Although, I did regret it for a while considering I bought this near Christmas and the weather as you know in England isn't that hot so the colour looked a bit dark on my skin but I LOVE THIS! I wear this almost every day now that I've found the right technique to using it. The colour is rather subtle but noticeable at the same time.You can check out my previous post about this product here but anyone who is new to the highlighting world I would recommend before purchasing any product that you test them out on your skin, sometimes certain ones look a bit to in your face and fake. This product retails for around £19. So it is a little bit pricey for a first timer.
5. Maybelline - The Colossal Volum' Express Cat Eye Mascara: I bought this product again on a whim with a huge hype being made around this and the falsies i chose this one as im a leopard print fan and was instantly sold by the packaging. Im rather glad i chose this one as i bought the falsies a couple weeks after and found it rather disappointing however, I love this mascara, I love the shape of the wand and wear it every day im actually onto my 4th tube of this! Thats how much I love it, you can apply more coats to make them super volume of just a couple for a day to day look. Would recommend this mascara to absolutely everyone and anyone, I always get compliments especially on a night out, makes my lashes look extra extra long.