Sunday 30 June 2013

Holiday Duty Free; Mac, Urban Decay

Hello, I'm back from my holidays with a few beauty essentials in tow. I contained myself quite well i thought, considering i was wandering around Manchester Airport at 4.30am half asleep.



My first thought was duty free, everybody loves duty free and not paying tax, especially when most beauty products are rather expensive. So first stop was the Mac counter, no mithering staff giving me the eye, just myself, I was like a kid in a candy store, powders, lipsticks, foundation, concealer... yes i checked out everything for 35 minutes, poor Marc was pulling his hair out. But in the end I settled for 4 things;

Mineralize Concealer - Shade NW15 (warmer than my foundation which is NC15)
Bronzing Powder - Matte Bronze
217 Blending Brush - Perfectly Fluffy
Brush Cleaner - Holy Grail

Concealer is not really my forte, I dont feel as though my skin needs extra coverage after foundation, but i've always wanted to try something from the mineralize range at mac and thought why not try something different, so i opted for a concealer. Funny thing was i picked up the shade I am normally at home, and forgot that my skin changes colour obviously tans therefore I have not had chance to try this out yet. The formula looks rather creamy, and quite thick but I will let you know how I get on with it.

The bronzer was something that I have wanted to try for a while from Mac, but lately it was a toss up between Nars Laguna bronzer or Macs Matte Bronze, so to save the money I took a dive and went for Mac's. I can honestly say I love this bronzer, its not too dark for my skin or muddy looking, its easy to contour with, and very easy to blend. I can actually say I have wore this bronzer everyday for the past 2 weeks since I picked this up and I do consider this to be a permanent statement in my makeup bag.

The 217 was a brush I had been contemplating on for a while, something I didn't think i personally needed as I have hundreds of blending brushes, over exaggeration but I find myself to be rather loyal to my sigma fluffy brush and my real techniques. But this brush is an over talked about youtube beauty blogging sensation and therefore I thought why not see what the hype was about, especially for a fraction of the price. I have only used this brush a couple of times but feel as though this will in time become my best friend, its really soft when blending, and with the bristles being white it is alot easier to see how much product is on the brush when blending and mixing colours.

Lastly from the airport was the brush cleaner, just another refill. I use this cleaner every time i clean my brushes, and find that it does the job so why stray anywhere else, I might aswell stick with my reliable product.



Then whilst we were on the plane i spotted the Naked 2 Palette for £30 which I thought was a rather good price, unlucky  for me I had forgotten most of my eye shadows, and the palette was sold out on the plane. However, on the way home Marc (whilst i was sleeping) spoilt me and bought me the palette, which I will be doing a review with swatches next week, so keep a look out for that.





What are your favourite duty free purchases? Or you holiday essentials, let me know in the comment section below.








No comments:

Post a Comment