Tuesday 10 September 2013

Skin Care Routine & Lush Products

Heyyyy! So I thought I would do a post on my skin-care routine, as It has changed quite a lot since the last one and I thought some people may be interested to see how it is now.

My skin is pretty good itself with out using any products, but what blogger would be into beauty if they didn't look after their skin. I took it upon myself over the past couple of years to try out a few cleanser and toners, I've been through quite a few those including both high end and lower end such as the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, Clinique Take the Day off, Clean and Clear Cleanser, The Body Shop Cream Cleanser, etc...

But a couple of weeks ago, I was shopping in my local town and noticed they had opened a new Lush. I thought I would have a nosey and ended up re-purchasing some products and thought I would try one of their cleansers and toners seen as though I needed a new one and didn't really fancy re-purchasing ones I've tried before.

The lady kindly tested both of their cleansers on my hand to which I preferred the 9 to 5 one, the other cleanser tended to be more for oily skin, something of which I don't suffer with. This is a creamy texture and leaves the skin feeling really dewy, even after being wiped with a cotton pad. This one retails for £4.95 per 95g, I thought I would start off with the smaller one first just to see how my skin responds but so far its really good, and I will more than likely be going back for the bigger bottle.

Now for the toner I picked up the Breath of Fresh Air toner water, something which I apply after my cleanser. For those of you who are unfamiliar with a toner, it prepares your skin and empties your pores of anything left in the skin such as make-up or even dirt and pollution from in the air. It basically un-clogs your pores and makes you skin feel really fresh. Now Lush did have a few toners, but I found that this one worked best when tried on my hand with the 9 to 5 cleanser. This toner really makes my skin feel fresh and I apply it at night after my cleanser, and in the morning before I apply my makeup. This retails for £3.95 for 100g and again I thought I would use a smaller bottle to test out. I find that this toner is very similar to others that I have tried but I suppose this is because they are made to do the same things.
                                       
Left: Toner Water. Right: Cleansing Lotion
                                                      


There are not many other products included in my Skin care routine but I do use things regular such as Face Masks, probably once a week or even once every 2 weeks. Again I have tried a couple and I prefer clay masks and Origins Drink Up over night mask. But again when I was in lush I thought I would try one of theirs considering they are made from natural products such as fruit and vitamins so I picked up the Catastrophe Cosmetic Mask, this is a 75g tub which retails for £5.95. This mask needs to be kept in the fridge because of the natural ingredients and only has a shelf life of 3 weeks. One thing which puts a downer on this mask is the shelf time, another thing being the tub I bought was actually swimming in water and half empty. However, I have used this mask 3 or 4 times lately and have found that it works well on my skin, leaves it feeling soft and really smooth.





No comments:

Post a Comment