Tuesday 23 April 2013

OOTN & Bold Red Lip

                              

Hello, readers of mine. A few people asked me if I would do a night time make up look and show you what I wear and how I dress/style an outfit for a night out.

I chose to go for a black dress with a mesh front panel and some studs. Typical me, love the studs and love black. So because my outfits tend to be pretty dark and plain I love bringing them to life with a bright lip. For this particular one I chose a Rimmel Apocalips Lip Laquer in Big Bang, a very vibrant bright red colour which seems to last so long. I've mentioned this lip product before and I love it. If I'm going for a bright lip I also tend to go for a light coloured eye and in this case chose MAC naked lunch as a base all over the lid, and then applied MAC mystery to the crease and corners to create a brown smokey look. I tend to wear this eye look a lot but on a night out I tend to add a pair of lashes. These were a pair of the new Revlon lashes which have just been released and I believe they were 101. These were so easy to apply, I use tweezers and they stayed on all night! For my hair, I just straightened it, added some back comb spray, back combed my fringe and turned it into a 1950's style quiff. I wear my fringe like this when its grown out and need it cutting, so this was pretty simple.





My black dress was from the Cameo Rose range at New Look and cost £24.99, this was the first time I've worn it and found it quite flattering for my shape. I paired this with a pair of forever 21 high heels and some black 40 denier tights considering the weather was quite cold. I also wore my world famous Primark black studded clutch bag, which I take every where and love dearly.

             

Let me know what you think about these types of posts and whether you would be inter,ested in a few more outfit posts.

Love Sophie
xxx








No comments:

Post a Comment