Monday 21 October 2013

Collection: Gothic Glam Collection Lipstick Review

Collection Gothic Glam Collection Lipsticks: Left (Scorned) Right (Revenge)
You may have spotted that these lipsticks have been on the blog before, well technically they were in a recent shopping haul which you can find Here but now they are both being reviewed as I have had chance to wear them and try them and I thought I would share my thoughts with you on what I think about the products.

Collection (Gothic Glam Collection) Lipsticks

Top Swatch = Scorned | Bottom Swatch = Revenge

To start off with I bought the shade Scorned on a whim as basically an idea for a Halloween costume, for fancy dress. Its a deep dark purple, a very gothic shade, true to the collections name and something which I would not consider wearing on an every day basis as it is simply too dark. However, I realised that this shade can be patted onto the lips to create a bit of depth and volume to an every day look, or built up for a pack of real intense lip colour. I love the pigmentation in the lipstick and find that the colour pay off is exactly what you see in the bullet.

Collection Scorned RRP £2.99



In my honest opinion I do find this lipstick a tad too over powering for my very pale complexion. However, I think that with soft smokey eyes and liner just like the photo this lipstick can work to give an edgy look to any outfit. I applied this lipstick with a liner underneath Mac's Nightmoth Underneath and focusing on the main of the lips. I find that this helps the lipsticks longevity as in my opinion it has stayed on longer with the liner than with out. As I mentioned above, This lipstick is a part of my Halloween costume makeup and therefore is a bonus if it goes with anything else.


The second shade Revenge is a deep Red tone with dark brown under tones which shine through in different lights. To be honest I was a bit less happy with this shade in the shop than the other, but how its turned out I prefer this shade far more than the other. The red is the perfect red for my complexion, I have had so many friends and family members say that this shade suits me down to the ground, Not being big headed but I kind of agree. I love this shade when teamed with a subtle smokey eye and some winged eye liner, reminds me of the retro gothic look.

Collection Revenge RRP £2.99
This shade 'Revenge' Is my favourite shade and I have been wearing it almost everyday, There will be an Autumnal Look coming up soon on my blog with some photos but I thought I would sneak in a photo of my look with this lipstick.





Comparing these lipsticks from Collection to other high street brands I find that these lipsticks are both rather creamy and moisturising, and most definitely long lasting. Longevity is the problem I struggle with the most with high street brands, I want a lip colour that doesn't stain my lips but lasts for a while and these shades certainly do that. I have worn the Red shade Revenge around a handful of times and It is creeping up to be one of my all time favourite red lipsticks. I can honestly say that I have had Revenge on for 12 hours + (only a couple applications) and at night when I have come to wipe away the lipstick there is no stain, there is not even a hint left on your lips to suggest that this shade had been on my lips all day.







Thanks for reading let me know if you have any similar lipsticks and what works best for your skin tone.

Love


No comments:

Post a Comment