Hi guys, Ive never really thought of doing a food post or anything other than fashion and beauty but Im going to take the plunge and see what the response is like. So as those of you booming bakers will know this week we saw the Final of The Great British Bake Off Season 4 and Francis was crowned the winner! Woo Hoo for francis.
So I thought considering I have a huge love for watching people bake and eating the end results I would have a dabble at baking myself. For those of you who follow me on twitter or instagram will know that my all time favourite thing to bake and eat (hehe) is blueberry muffins. There is something about the sweetness with the tanginess of the blueberry's that makes me crave them, I swear my insides melt when I eat one, or two, or the whole bunch.
Anyway I thought I would do a little step by step on how to make these, So that you guys can enjoy the same taste as me! They are amazing.. If your not a fan of blueberry then you can swap them for anything else such as raspberry, strawberry, banana or even chocolate if your not a fruity person.
Im rambling so I best start. This recipe is to make 12
Make sure you have all your ingredients, you will need;
- 250g of Plain Flour
- 2tbsp of Baking Powder
- 110g of Butter
- 110ml of Milk
- 85g Caster Sugar
- 250g Fresh Blueberries
- 2 Eggs
- 12 Bun cases
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees or gas mark 4 and leave to heat up whilst you prepare your muffin mix.
2. In a bowl cream together you butter and your sugar, to create a fluffy mixture. Make sure all the butter and the sugar are creamed together. When you have done this, Sieve out the plain flour mixture into a bowl and make sure there are no lumps and bumps left in the flour.
4. Stir this mixture together for about (3-4) minutes or until all of the flour is combined and there is no white residue left around the bowl. Leave this to set for a couple of minutes.
6. Spoon your mixture into the muffin cases, Until they are about half full as they will rise once they are in the oven because of the baking powder and the flour.
7. One the cases are full you can then pop these straight into the preheated oven and they take approx 20 mins. Although it depends on how gooey you like your muffins, So keep an eye on them when they are in the oven.
8. When they are ready to eat just pull them out and sit the tray on a cooling wire so that the muffins will cool down before being eaten. Or if you like them warm then eat away.
If you would like to see any more recipes then make sure you leave your comments below and I will of course prepare some more as I love to bake!!