Hi Guys, Welcome to 2014! I hope this year is a good one, and im kick starting the new year with a complete health kick. Each week I will be posting a recipe which I will have made during the week, something which is relatively simple to rustle up and freeze for easy meals during the week.
This week it is the slimming world Chilli Con Carne with an added twist, for those of you who are familiar with slimming world or are even members yourself this chilli is SYN FREE, and therefore means you can eat as much as you want without feeling guilty.
You will need:
- 400g Extra Lean Minced Beef
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- Tomato Puree
- 200g red kidney beans (Drained)
- 250ml Beef stock
- Chilli Powder
- Salt & Pepper (if you wish)
1) First of all chop your onions and place them into a pa which has been sprayed with frylight, leave them till they are soft and turning golden brown. Then add 1tsp of paprika, and 1 tsp of chilli powder, stir them together and start to input the minced beef.
2) Stir the minced beef until it starts to brown, then add your 250ml beef stock (i use 2 beef stock cubes and water), add the chopped tomatoes and 1tbsp of tomato puree and stir until binded together. Leave to simmer for 20 minutes until the remaining water has been binded and the chilli is quite thick.
3) Then drain the kidney beans, and wash lightly. Add the kidney beans to the mixture and stir for 5 minutes. Add any salt and pepper and extra spices until the chilli is to your liking. Personally mine tastes fine with the spices added which have been mentioned in the recipe and has a little kick.
You can then eat your chilli till your heart is content, and freeze the rest once it has chilled. This chilli can be freezed for upto 1 month.